Hey Dah’lings. How is everyone doing today? I hope all of you are doing well and that you have plenty of spoons.
A few weeks ago I signed up for Influenster, which is product review program. AND I GOT IN!!! Basically you answer a bunch of targeted questions (for demographics and taste/style preferences) and if you meet the correct criteria, they send you stuff to review. It’s nice to be sent free things, isn’t it? I love snail mail and when I get packages in the mail I pretend like it’s Christmas or my birthday. You also link your profile to your social media outlets, which is how you get your social impact score (mine is at 2796 at the moment which is mostly thanks to all my insta-homies). Basically the higher your social impact score is the higher chance you have to be sent one of their larger vox boxes.
And now for the obvious disclaimer: “I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.” Yep. Free stuff for me to try and then review… because I’m batman.
Flash back a week ago when my lovely USPS lady rang my doorbell and presented me with my pink Vox Box. Not going to lie, at first I thought it was a SUGARPILL package and got my hopes up that maybe Amy sent me something… because that would be totally awesome and I would metaphorically die from euphoria. It wasn’t, but it WAS my #bellavoxbox. HOORAY!
INSIDE THE BOX:
- EcoTools Complexion Collection Mattifying Finish Brush: I am a fan of EcoTools and luckily I don’t have this brush already. Out of the packaging it is super soft and fluffy. Now having actually test-driven this brush I love it for applying my NXY HD translucent finishing powder. Also in the box was a $1.00 off coupon for another EcoTools Brush from the store… so that’s awesome. [Retail: $8.99]
- Dove Fruit (w/ Blueberries): I totally did not finish the WHOLE bag while typing up this little blog post…or did I? Yes. Yes I did. #noshame Anyways, I am a huge fan of the whole chocolate and fruit combo. They have two other fruit + chocolate versions: cranberries and cherries. Out of the three I do prefer the blueberries…and if anyone from Dove is reading this – I would totally LOVE and buy a million bags if you guys did a strawberry variety. Yep. [Retail: $1.88 – $2.69]
- Rimmel London Scandaleyes Mascara by Kate Moss (#004 Eye Rocket Jet Black): Sleek packaging and so far I am impressed with the consistency and application of this mascara but I will say that the ‘half-heart’ shaped wand/applicator kinda terrifyed me a bit. When applying I found that I would get mascara on my lid by my lashes and I rarely used the smaller end because there was too much product on it. It did not clump up my lashes even though it did ‘volumize’ them a bit and it seemed to give a nice even application, all in all. Be aware that if you are wearing this stuff all day, it may begin to flake off by the end of the day… not too terribly, but a little. [Retail: $6.99]
- Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate (#06 – Rossetto): Normally I’m not a fan of the pink-toned lipsticks, just because my complexion is so yellow most days. However this shade is actually growing on me. The finish is nice. Not too shiny, more like a subtle satin finish and it wears nicely although I have noticed that I tend to smudge it (which is why I tend to use those liquid to matte lipsticks). It does have a light almost fruity-vanilla scent to it and if you’re wondering, it’s not flavored so don’t worry about licking it off because it tastes good. I totally dig using this and then applying UD’s Asphyxia 24/7 pencil on the outer corners. It makes an awesome, springtime ombre lip. [Retail: $5.49]
- Not Your Mother’s Deja Vu ‘Do Style Extender (Travel Size): This stuff is meant to extend the life of your hair and ‘repel’ dirt and oil. I have used this once and it seemed to keep my hair from oil-bombing a little longer. Now to be fair – I have short hair and don’t tend to style it at all because I rock the wigs almost every day and when I’m not wearing a wig I’ve got a hat on. One of the things that I didn’t care much for was the smell. The packaging says that it smells like red apples and berries… and it does – but not “natural” scents. It is very processed, scent wise… if that makes sense. [Retail: $9 for a full size]
- Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs: This product I didn’t even try. It was the way too dark for my skin tone and wouldn’t look at all “natural” when applied. I am such a pale beastie and I’m not one for tanning or fake-baking so this was a total miss for me. [Retail: $13.99]
- Club W Voucher: Oh man… I have been a fan of Club W since 2011 but thanks to Oklahoma’s stupid and ridiculous Out-of-State Liquor Laws that changed in 2013 I am no longer able to get the deliciousness from Club W. If you don’t live in AK, AL, AR, DE, HI, KY, MS, OK, PA, RI, SD, and UT you win and can get a membership. It’s a month-to-month membership site with a 3 bottle per month minimum. It may sound like a lot but most of the wines run $13 a bottle and they come from all over the world. If you are adventurous and like to try new things, definitely give this place a try. And since Club W is a whole lot better at explaining what it is here’s a littleblurp from their site:
- Club W is a direct-to-consumer winery revolutionizing the way you discover, buy, and share wine. By working directly with vineyards and winemakers we are able to give our members access to exceptional, small-lot wines from around the world. Each month we’ll introduce you to new wines that match your tastes, share the story behind each bottle, and provide you with recipe pairings and wine knowledge you can share with friends. And that’s just what’s inside your first box. Hurry, your wine is waiting!
IN CONCLUSION: This box was pretty nice. I will definitely use 4 out of the 7 products that were included and I think that’s a win. If any of these products sound like something you might want to try, they’re readily available at your local big box store like Target or Walmart. And be sure to get the chocolate… OMG CHOCOLATE!
Just a heads up, I will be doing more posts like this in the future since it’s one of the requirements to keep my influenster status going. I hope that it doesn’t get too boring and I hope that you find some of this information informative… If you are an Influenster, please tell me what your thoughts are of both the #bellavoxbox and of the program in general (since I’m still a noob). I enjoy reviewing things and I am a sucker for getting free stuff in the mail. Woo hoo!!!
Remember to stay positive and be awesome!
XOXO – jae.