Lookie! I have found another subscription box for you to fall in love with – because I know that I have. I’m talking about FanMail. FanMail is the brain child of Rose and Jenny and it caters to us nerdy, fandom-loving girl types.
What sorts of things are included?
“FanMail boxes contain a variety of memorabilia and collectibles, some old, some new, some handmade, some fanmade. Among the items you may find are exclusive comics and t-shirts, jewelry, stationery, books, autographs, photos and much more. And each month, you’ll get a handy pop culture newsletter that will tell you what movies are coming out, what’s up for streaming and binging, and what conventions or events are out there that you may want to attend.”
- A month to month subscription runs about $21.99/month + shipping but if you decide to go for a 3-, 6-, or 12 month plan the rate per month is less.
- How long has FanMail been “a thing?” The subscription box is 3 months old as of this month and is a pretty small operation right now.
- Spoilers? Nope. They are a mystery box with an overarching theme – sort of like Lootcrate but a lot sneakier.
- Just for girls? Not exclusively, but the box is curated by two women with ladies in mind. Guys, you are more than welcome to sign up if you want to get in on the awesomeness, too.
- When does the box ship? The boxes go out during the last FULL week of the month. For this month, they shipped out on the 25th and they arrived at my lair on the 27th.
- Want to know more? Visit www.myfanmail.com. ((PS: This post isn’t sponsored, in case you were wondering… I’m just a nerd who likes to share cool things with the world.))
August 2015: SUPER SHEROES!
Okay so this box is pretty amazing. I was not expecting as awesome of stuff as what arrived at my stoop. I am definitely going to be continuing my subscription. This took the crown for this month’s subscription boxes… just look at it all!!! /swoon.
What’s in the box:
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent May Bobble-head POP! Figure: As soon as I opened the box, May was looking at me suspiciously. I am thrilled that this POP! was in the box. May is my 2nd FAVORITE agent from S.H.I.E.L.D – the first, obviously, is Coulson. She sits right on my computer desk and helps keep me on track… or at least I pretend that she does.
- D.C. Licensed Wonder Woman Silicone Wristband: It’s bold and chunky and almost reminds me of one of her bracers, but maybe I’m just a weirdo.
- D.C. Black Canary #1 Comic: Did you know that this comic sold out for preorder pretty much everywhere? B.C. is a pretty kickass lady and the comic is awesome and extremely well drawn.
- 4 1″ Super Heroine pins: I love to collect nerd-centered/pop-culture pins and these are right up my alley. There are four different pins, all are sigils/logos for various fem fighters: Captain Marvel, Batgirl, Raven, and Black Widow… and they are already pined onto my bag. 🙂
- A silver, Batman V. Superman Necklace: While I’m not really looking forward to the Batman Vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice movie that is slated to come out next March, I really dig this necklace. Batman is my favorite mainstream D.C. super hero and I’m all over nerdy necklaces. Should I do a post on my nerdy necklace collection?
- 3 Magnetic Marvel Bookmarks from BeedooTo: These bookmarks are adorable. I love the chibi-esque style and I will definitely put these to good use. The characters included in the box are: SpiderGwen, female Thor, and Storm.
- Lastly each box comes with a description card. The front of the card tells you what everything is and the back of the card tells you want to be on the lookout for in the fandom universe: movies, tv show premiers…etc (see below).
I am so happy that I found this box! Rose and Jenny totally know how to rock my face off with nerd loot! September’s theme is “Legends of the CW!” and if that isn’t a cool theme, I don’t know what is. I grew up on the CW/UPN/WB…
Do you get FanMail? If so, let me know what you thought of this month’s box in the comments below!