Ever get the desire to be an evil, creepy reptile lady (or guy)? Well here’s your chance. This was one of the coolest ‘full color’ looks I have done in a long time, even though I didn’t take the necessary precautions and guard against my skin getting stained… because I wasn’t thinking at the time. Enjoy!
If you would like to read the full tutorial with helpful tips and tricks hop on over to my post at Nerds and Nomsense – HERE!
List of Products Used:
Note: You DO NOT NEED the specific products used, just use as close of a color as you have and your look will be fine!
For the Face:
- Use a deep moisturizing face lotion and let it sink in for about 20 minutes prior to starting all of this fun stuff.
- Primer: Mehron Skin Prep Pro followed by Mehron Barrier Spray (important and do not skip otherwise your face will be green for several days after this) – let it sit for about 5 minute to dry.
- Base Face Colors (water-activated): Mehron Paradise AQ Colors in Amazon Green (from the Tropical Palette), Lime green (for the highlighting areas, also from the Tropical Palette), and Dark Green (for the contouring areas, from the Basics Palette).
- Contour Powders: Sugarpill eye shadow (Midori – I used this as an overall setting color for all of the areas where I used the Amazon Green and Dark Green-, Bulletproof, and Velocity) and MAC eye shadow in Velvet Moss (dark olive-green to help blend all of the colors together) – add the Velocity around
- Highlight: Sugarpill eye shadow (Acid Berry and Buttercupcake) and Urban Decay eye shadow (Freak and Thrash both from the Electric Palette)
- For the Fake Eyebrows: trace out your shape with NYX Wonder pencil in light (or just use a white eyeliner pencil) and fill them in with Bulletproof. Highlight the tops of the fake brows with some Buttercupcake.
- For the Scales: Sugarpill pressed eyeshadows in Velocity and Bulletproof for the base dark area and Sugarpill loose eyeshadow in Lumi for highlighting areas
- For the cut area along the neck: BH Cosmetics Lip Liner pencil in Rogue. Feel free to add some fake blood to up the effect.
- To contour the skin area of the neck and shoulders: Urban Decay Eyeshadow from the Naked 3 Palette – Limit and Nooner, mixed together.
- Setting Spray: MAC Fix+ Setting Spray and skin finish
For the Eyes:
- Primer: Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Base: Amazon Green from the Mehron Paradise AQ Tropical Palette
- Sugarpill Cosmetics: Acid Berry (vibrant lime green), Midori (vibrant green), Buttercupcake (bright yellow), Velocity (royal blue), and Bulletproof (sooty black)
- Urban Decay Electric Palette: Freak (shimmery light green), and Thrash (bright, yellow toned green)
- Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner in Greed (true green glitter) – Optional but fabulous! I do believe that it is a discontinued color but LitCosmetics Reboot will work just fine!
- Liner: Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum (ULTA)
- Waterline: Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencil in Black Velvet set with Sugarpill’s Bulletproof for extra staying power
- Lashes: NYX Wicked Eyelashes in Jezebel (from ULTA). They’re longer but not super dense and totally optional.
- Eyebrows: Blocked out using the glue stick method – prior to starting all of your makeup and before you apply the Barrier Spray.
For the Lips:
- OCC Anti-Feathered Lip Pencil. To help the Lip Tar from feathering out.
- OCC Lip tar in Technopagen (blackened purple with a blue sparkle), RX (true blue), and Traffic (true yellow). You’ll want to mix RX and Traffic together and then add the Technopagen to get the right shade.You could always just use the Paradise Paints instead of lipsticks… just make sure that you properly moisturize your lips or they will dry out.
- Matte everything down by patting a little translucent HD setting powder on top.
- Bonus: Continue the ‘scale’ effect by duplicating with the netting and pat a little of Freak over top.
- Makeup sponges (either round or triangles) – about 4-5 to help with the blending and application of the Paradise AQ makeup. You can use concealer or foundation brushes to apply the paradise paints.
- Netting- either from produce bags like apples and oranges or from fish net stocking – cut to size. You can help yourself out by using bobby pins to help secure it along your hair-line.
- Wig: Royal Blue Liz Wig (From Amazon)
- Contacts: CamoEyes’ “Yellow Cat Eye” contact lens. They are non-prescription so I recommend putting them in last if you have bad eyesight and need glasses (like me). Be very careful that you do not get any makeup on the contact as you’re placing it in your eye. Never line your eyes or apply mascara prior to putting contacts in. We will be writing up a full review on these (and our other) CamoEyes contacts at a later date. I will say for now that they are super comfortable and extremely affordable. If you want SFX contacts, they’re great for the price and quality! I do need to mention that if you have any sort of astigmatism they design will shift on your eye the longer you wear them. If it doesn’t bug you, then bully, otherwise you might find yourself adjusting them throughout the evening.