OCC recently released their cult-favorite lip tars in new, Ready-to-Wear packaging and I picked up three of my all-time favorite colors… because reasons. Do I reeeallly reasons though? I am a makeup-fiend overall. 🙂
This new packaging intrigues me. While I am a fan of the traditional packaging of the lip tars, they are honestly kind-of-a pain to apply when I’m not sitting at my makeup table. The new applicator is awesome and pulls out the perfect amount you need for your lips. So that’s awesome.
It’s the same formula that everyone has come to love, now just in an all-in-one thingy-bop (<- technical term…). I would like to mention that when I received my order, there was a little problem. The inner seal on my Anita RTW had popped up/off (most likely due to the pressure changes during shipment) and the lip tar got quite messy. Never fear, the wonderful Nicole at OCC helped me out super fast and sent me a replacement. She’s awesome, btw, and if you don’t know who she is – shame on you. If you’ve ever seen the #lipoftheday photos on OCC’s social media outlets, those are her lips. The are sooooooo perfect and always on point. Go follow her if you love lip art / lip swatches.
The new RTW lip tars only come in 25 colors (with the exception of Pool Boy which was a special over Labor Day weekend) but all of them are cult-favorites. The three that I purchased are: Anita ( a matte, brownish-burgundy), Technopagen (a blacked purple with blue metallic pearl), and Pagen (a matte, blackened purple).
- I really like the new packaging because it is SOOOOOOOO much easier to use, take with me, and re-apply if need be.
- Aside from the little whoopsy during shipping, I haven’t had any negative issues.
- Will I end up buying more? Hmmmm… I have a lot of lip tars already so I may take inspiration from their new packaging and DIY my own… (ENTER THE DIY POST HERE)
- The applicator pulls up the perfect amount of product, too.
- Price-wise, I didn’t realize that there was going to be a difference in the amount of product I’d be getting. Not saying that that’s a bad thing – but the standard squeezy tubes are 0.33 fluid ounces for $18 (or less if you can score some during a sale) and the new RTW tubes are 0.14 fluid ounces for $15… If you are a penny-pincher you may want to stick to the original tubes.
- I did like the additional brushes that came with the old packaging… they are perfect for applying glitter on my eyelids. Ha.
- The formula still does take a while for it to mattify / dry down. And be warned that these babies are INSANELY PIGMENTED so some staining may occur even if you do wear a base first.
I even did a cool thing and made a handy little comparison graphic for those of you who like to pin such things. 🙂 (hint hint…)
So what do you think? Will you be picking up some of the new RTW Lip Tars? What is your favorite OCC lip tar shade? Let me know in the comments!
((Also, would you like to see a post detailing my entire OCC stash? I don’t know if that’s something you’re into or not…just let me know. 😉 ))