Sometimes you just get sick and tired of being sick and that’s were I am today. It’s been one hell of a week. Had a bunch of tests run at the hospital and managed to break my record of vials collected for tests. It was 18 but this week the new top number to beat is 24! Sheesh. And, like most times I get blood drawn, my arm is a bruised, yucky patina of blues, purples and dirty yellows.
At about 5pm tonight I just got so frustrated at myself that I said: FUCK IT, let’s do some crazy makeup. It is Friday after all!
What’s Friday have to do with makeup, you ask? Well every week, LitCosmetics has their awesome little #glitterFriday makeup competition. It’s awesome and it’s a great incentive to play with glitter. I’m not normally a glitter person for everyday looks – it’s messy and I have a nasty habit of accidentally getting glitter in my eyeball… which doesn’t tickle.
[Update 11/22: Didn’t get in with my look. Oh well – there’s always future Fridays]
So for this look I wanted to channel my inner Roseshock (if you don’t know who I’m talking about – CLICK HERE she’s magical) and I wanted to use Concrete Mineral’s Hi Fi pro matte pigment. I challenged myself to do a graphic liner, which is something that I haven’t ever attempted to do before. It was fun – but a little difficult since I am sorta shaky. I think it turned out all right all in all. What do you think?
So anywho, here’s the finished look – including a glitter lip:
For the Eyes:
- Primer: Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Base: NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk (for color popping power)
- Concrete Mineral’s Pro Matte Eyeshadow in HiFi (my review is up if you want to check their Pro Matte line out) | Foiled with Mehron’s Mixing Medium
- Kat Von D Tattoo liner in Trooper
- Sugarpill Pressed Eyeshadow in Soot’n’Stars
- Glitters: Black – NYX Cosmetic’s Crystal Liner in Onyx | On top of the Pink: Mix of Lit Cosmetic’s Hello Sunshine and a cheep neon pink glitter w/ turquoise sparkle | Accented Silver: Jane Cosmetic’s Liquid Liner in White (?)
- Water & Tightline: Urban Decay’s Perversion 24/7 Eye Liner
- Benefit Cosmetics They’re Real Mascara
- Brows: Anastasia Brow Pomade in Ebony
For the Face:
- Foundation: Bare Minerals foundation in Bare Shell and Bare Linen
- Powder: Mac Cosmetics Studio Fix foundation in NC10
- Blush: Warm Soul from Mac
- Contour: NYX eyeshadow in True Taupe
For the Lips:
- Liner: Perversion
- OCC Lip Tar in Tarred
- Topped with a mix of the pink glitter used on the eyes and OCC’s hot pink stained lip gloss.
What sort of looks should I do next? I have an ongoing challenge list, so feel free to throw something out!