Hello all my beautiful and frakking fantastic Dah’lings! How is this lovely spring Wednesday treating you?
A few months ago I managed to snag the Paranormal Collection from Espionage Cosmetics (in my quest to own them all… or catch them all, like Pokemon) during one of their sales. To be completely honest, I have been eyeing this makeup quad for MONTHS. The struggle has been real! It sings to my dark, dark soul… and let me tell you why.
Before we jump into that whole tutorial thing, I wanted to take a moment to show/talk about the colors in this collection because they are absolutely INSANE! Like all Espionage Cosmetics‘ shadow collections, you get 4 products. Which are either all eye shadows, all glitters, or a three eye shadows and a glitter. Most, like this collection, are around the $28 price point which isn’t bad especially because the color payoff on their shadows is AMAZEBALLS! I am going to be going through all of the collections that I own and doing tutorials…you know… like a boss.
For the Paranormal Collection, you get four eye shadows: (left->right, pictured below) Clairvoyant, Astral Plane, E.V.P., and Manifestation. Clarivoyant is a super vibrant hot pink with sparkle and when blended out tends to go a little coral as it fades with is a cool effect. Astral Plane is a warm-toned medium purple with a cool-toned purple shift. E.V.P is a chilling black with pumpkin and gold shimmer. And Manifestation is a light grey shadow that has an almost greenish-blue duo-chrome. All are lovely and a little goes a LONG, frakking way as you will see when I use Clairvoyant as a blusher.
On to the tutorial! For this look I wanted to create something using ALL of the colors on the eye as well as carry them (a little) through the rest of the face. With the theme, paranormal, I also wanted to do something a little spooky/vampy – thus the dark smokey eye. Not that that’s TOTALLY out of this world or anything. I just love how it turned out and hopefully you do as well.
**NOTE: I am still kinda awkward in my recording skills so this video may be a bit rough in spots and hopefully I make sense throughout all the steps. OH! I will say that I forgot to film when I did my waterline (while I was off camera doing my mascara). I used Rockstar 24/7 Eyeliner from Urban Decay and topped it with Astral Plane to really make the purple pop!**
FOR THE FACE:
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer
- Urban Decay’s Naked Skin Foundation in the shade 1.0
- Urban Decay’s Naked Skin Concealer in Fair
- Maybeline Fit Me powder in the shade 110
- Kat Von D Shade and Light Contour Palette
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade in Dark Brown for the Eyebrows
- Espionage Cosmetics’ Everything Shadow in Clairvoyant (for blush)
- Sephora’s Baked Luminizer in Stardust
- Urban Decay’s De-Slick Setting Spray
FOR THE EYES:
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance Eye Primer
- NXY Jumbo Eye Pencils (JEPs) in Knight and Cottage Cheese
- Espionage Cosmetics’ Paranormal Collection (Clairvoyant, Astral Plane, E.V.P., and Manifestation)
- Kat Von D’s Lightning Liner in Poe
- Kat Von D’s Immortal Lash Mascara
- Urban Decay’s 24/7 Liner in Rockstar (topped with Astral Plane to set) – not on the tutorial… sorry – I forgot.
FOR THE LIPS:
- NYX Lip Liner in Nude
- Espionage Cosmetics’ Kiss of Death Lip Serum in Soulless
- WIG: Liz Wig’s 14″ Layered Wavy Princess Wig in Silver
- NAILS: Espionage Cosmetics’ NailedIt Nail Wraps in the Kickstarter Backer Exclusive “Baker Street” style. You can snag the regular (non-glitter) version HERE!
So…. what do you think? We like? I am looking for some input on this look so please don’t be shy. Let me know what you think in the comments and if you like what you see – go on and subscribe to my YouTube Channel or to this blog (there’s a subscribe thingy in the sidebar).
What looks should I do next? Anything that you’ve been dying to see? I know prom season is upon us and that several MUAs are doing prom-centered looks. Would something like that be cool, maybe with a NERDY twist?
I’ve got a few more blog posts coming out this week, so be sure to stick around for those as well as enter my first makeup giveaway (Lorac Cosmetics’ Champagne Dreams and Butter London Lippie in Ruby Murray) that goes till Friday night. For the giveaway, please be sure you read the info on the rules. I have had several giveaway pages enter and I need to reiterate that those are automatically disqualified from winning.
Have an amazing day and remember: YOU ARE AWESOME!