Here’s another tutorial that I did for Nerds and Nomsense. I’ve gone ahead and added the tutorial supplies, video, and fun pictures here but if you would like to see more tips and tricks for doing this look, pretty please pop on over to their site and check it out (TUTORIAL HERE)
List of Products Used:
Note: You DO NOT NEED the specific products used, just use as close of a color as you have and your look will be fine!
For the Face:
- Primer: Benefit’s Porefessional Foundation Primer
- Liquid Foundation: a mix of Bare Minerals liquid foundation in Bare Shell and Bare Linen
- Face Powder: Maybelline’s Fit Me Face Powder in 110
- Contour: NYX matte eyeshadow in True Taupe
- Highlight: Laura Geller’s Glow Box (highlight color, not the bronzer)
- Blush: MAC mineral blush in Warm Soul
- Setting Spray: MAC Fix+ Setting Spray and skin finish
For the Eyes:
- Primer: Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Cream Base: NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Black Bean
- Sugarpill Cosmetics: Bulletproof (sooty matte black), Chaos (metallic purple), and 2AM (warm, matte purple)
- Wet’n’Wild Fergie Collection in Dutchess Lounge (specifically the warm purple sparkle color which is in the top right corner of the quad)
- Urban Decay Naked Basics 2 Palette: Primal (warm deep brown), Frisk (warm taupe), and Skimp (light, shimmery taupe)
- Liner: Kat Von D Tattoo Liquid Liner in Trooper
- Waterline: Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencil in Black Velvet set with Bulletproof for extra staying power
- Lashes: Fright Night’s Mesmerizing Lashes (from Walmart) They’re very full and whispy
- Eyebrows: NYX matte eyeshadow in Betrayal (deep, dark brown) if you’re wearing this for long amounts of time, set it with a clear gel
For the Lips:
- NYX Lip Pencil in Nude
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm
- *Feel free to change-up your lip color and go darker and vampy
For the SFX:
- Spirit Gum and Spirit Gum Remover
- NYX Wonder Pencil in Light – to help block out your eyebrow and to help map where you’d like the scars to go
- Keloid Scar (aka the scar around my eye that puffs out): Graftobian Modeling Wax (like scar wax, but more user-friendly). Smooth it out by running your finger along a damp makeup wipe and then using your finger to smooth out the edges. It helps the wax not stick to your finger.
- Ben Nye Professional Death Wheel – specifically the yellow-flesh toned cream paint to highlight the top of the keloid scar.
- Urban Decay eye shadow in Limit (rosey-taupe) to outline all of the scars.
- Contracture Scars (aka the little scars on my lip and cheek that sink into the skin): Rigid Collodion Liquid. Build up about 4-5 layers, letting them dry in between applications for deeper looking scars. If you are planning on wearing this look all night I recommend applying the Rigid Collodion liquid prior to your foundation. If it starts to peel up due to movement, apply some clear eyelash glue to help hold it down. Be very careful when removing these, especially around your lip area – always use Spirit gum remover and take your time – don’t just rip/peel them off or you might lose a layer or two of skin with it.
- Ben Nye Professional Zombie Wheel – specifically the dark brown cream paint to go in the center of your contracture scars, giving them the illusion of more depth.
- Contacts: CamoEyes’ “All White” contact lens (in the ‘dead’ eye). They are non-prescription so I recommend putting them in last if you have bad eyesight and need glasses (like me). Be very careful that you do not get any makeup on the contact as you’re placing it in your eye. Never line your eyes prior to putting contacts in. We will be writing up a full review on these (and our other) CamoEyes contacts at a later date. I will say for now that they are super comfortable and extremely affordable. If you want SFX contacts for Halloween, don’t wait till the last minute to buy them!
- DIY Leather Eyepatch (LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT A TUTORIAL ON HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN!!!)
- Distressed ‘Leather’ Pirate Hat – the Halloween Store
- Wig: Long brown wavy wig from Amazon
- Hair Accessories: Feather clip in from some dollar jewelry store.